We've arrived at Snap's parents' house! I wasn't planning to post anything until a couple days into the trip, but everything here is so damnably charming that if I don't start posting photos now, they'll become totally unmanageable.
We left Montreal on Saturday — caught a direct red-eye flight that was marred only by food poisoning and a baby seated directly behind us who was a real up-and-comer in the world of competitive non-stop screaming.
R. & R. picked us up at the airport and drove us back to their place, where we fell asleep almost immediately. That sleep was incredibly satisfying, except that at one point I became convinced I was actually just waking up from a dream of having landed and gotten into a really comfortable bed, and that I was still on the plane.
Limoux is a little village on the river Aude in the southwest of France. It's got a central square, narrow winding streets, picturesque cathedrals, red-tiled rooves — the whole bit. Yesterday afternoon, we walked out to the edge of town, up a hill and through some vineyards. No exaggeration: you can't throw a rock here without hitting something picturesque.
Yay!! Great photos and all unbelievably beautiful. Enjoy every minute! xox
ReplyDelete